27 January 2014

I feel like Lou Bega!

A.K.A. I've got some serious travelling to do...

When I realised how many of my friends, to be specific "girlfriends", where out there, scattered in the world, I really could relate to Mr Bega singing I got a girlfriend everywhere

First stop THE NETHERLANDS

There are some things I've noticed about this country
1. It's freaking windy there (not even stepping properly on the Dutch land, right on the top of the stairs from the airplane it was as clear as >the cloudy< day)


2. Something went wrong with German and English (watching the flight safety instruction video, listening to conversations in the shuttle bus from the airport; I actually enjoyed the sound of the language, even felt proud when I recognized some "mispronounced" German or English words :-))
3. Bikes. An overwhelming lot of bikes. (it's impossible to recall when I saw the first one, but after a few minutes on the bus the two-wheel friend is in every view)
4. Awfully nice people (the bus driver wishes you a nice day, I mean, come on!)
5. I weight 2,5 loafs of cheese :-D 

My journey started with quite a few butterflies in my stomach. Not only had I to travel on my own by plane, catch the right bus, find the train station in an unknown city and get on the right train but there was also one thing I could do absolutely nothing about. A thick, heavy, solid, and especially unnerving fog. Not just a fog. It was a fog fog. Don't take me wrong, I like the fog. But this was far over the top. If you still think I'm exaggerating, then imagine the Vienna airport (or basically any airport) - there is a gianourmous 109m high Control Tower. Now imagine it's not there...not that easy, right? I haven't seen even its tiniest light. There was an announcement that the flight to Krakow was cancelled due to bad weather conditions. So there I was trying to keep calm and carry on. As the misty veil hung for a few minutes in front of my window (I actually got a window seat, yay!), we were ascending when suddenly - bright blue sky, beautiful sun resting on the white duvet. And after sipping a very luxurious cola (the price rocketed sky-high) I felt much more at ease. Luckily, no more travel-trouble till the end. 

In the few days I'd got to spent with Deni, we managed to see a lot. The Hague (city tour, Madurodam - Miniature Park), Leiden (city tour, Uni buildings), Amsterdam (the whole old town on foot). The architecture, the canals, the colourful flowers, the well-kept environment, and not to forget about the clogs in every size, colour, and material you can imagine. I think that the photos will speak for themselves.
Madurodam
Madurodam
Madurodam
Leiden
Leiden
Leiden
Amsterdam - Flower Market on water
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Probably Austria
It's not hard to fall for this country :-). Obviously, I would definitely recommend visiting it and I myself would love to do so again in the future.

So what's up next? Mmm I guess Luxembourg!

2 comments: